Welcome to Cheadle Catholic Junior School
At Cheadle Catholic we ‘Go Forward in Faith, Following in the Footsteps of Jesus’.
We aim to provide the very best Catholic education for our pupils. Cheadle Catholic is a learning community underpinned by a Catholic ethos based upon Gospel values. Through the general and prayer life of the school as well as Religious Education, we aim to celebrate the uniqueness of every child, enabling them to reach their potential spiritually, morally, academically and socially.
We hope that the information on our website is useful – please check out the latest newsletter about all the exciting things happening at Cheadle Catholic. If you have any thoughts/ concerns/ suggestions then please do not hesitate to contact me: Kevin Platt: Headteacher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please find below key summary findings from our latest Ofsted Inspection, July 2015
- “The inspirational headteacher provides a crystal clear sense of direction for the school. All staff share his vision for pupils to reach their full potential in their academic achievement and personal development.”
- “Pupils across the range of abilities make good progress across the school. Many are making rapid progress in response to more stable and consistent teaching and additional support.”
- “The standards that pupils attain by the end of Year 6 reflect their good achievement.”
- “Teaching is typically good across the school and some is outstanding. Teachers plan well for the different abilities of individual pupils.”
- “Pupils’ behaviour is outstanding. Pupils mix and learn extremely well together. They show excellent attitudes to each other and their work. These qualities help to sustain pupils’ good and improving learning.”
- “The school’s work in keeping pupils safe and secure is exemplary. All pupils are treated equally and benefit from very high quality care.”
- “Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural understanding is very well developed. Visitors and trips bring learning to life. Pupils engage in sports, music and dance enthusiastically.”
- “The senior leadership team has led several whole-school changes very effectively. In a relatively short space of time, there have been significant improvements. The staff’s relationships with pupils, parents, grandparents and the local community are exceptionally positive.”
- “All staff and members of the governing body are dedicated to improving the lives of pupils and they work extremely well as a team. Their successful actions have a positive impact on improving the quality of teaching and pupils’ achievements. The school continues to improve.”